Sunday, July 19, 2009

Goodbye farm

I have just spent 4 relaxing days with my sister, and i am so laid back now, that nothing can get to me. I feel so close to my Heavenly Father, which is something the bush always does for me, it makes me realise how small i am, and yet God knows how many hairs i have on my head, and he loves me no matter what.
It had something of a problem start, I was up normal time on Thursday morning to discover that we had frozen over night and there was no hot water, so i had to wait until my husband had bathed and left for work, before i could bath, which means before i started i was already running late, something that i hate, i am such a punctual person, that i hate it when my timing plans do not go according to plan, then i had some home chores to do, i had to pay the car licences and the electricity bill before i could leave, as the municipality is ruthless and i would have been without power by Monday morning.
Half way into our trip the housekeeper phoned to tell me i had forgotten my toiletry bag in the bathroom, it was just not an option to leave it behind, everything, that was a cream was in that bag, i would have looked like a wrinkled pear by today with out my anti wrinkle creams, i would have smelt like a dead cow, without my deoderant, and i would have had breath like.................. Shrek............ , so we trekked back all the way to fetch it, but it was worth it for everyone around me.
We first went to their new farm in the Magaliesburg, what a beautiful place much smaller than the farm that they have just sold in Swartruggens, but lovely, little cottages, with a boma in the middle, we had a roaring fire in the evening and i mean a roaring fire, almost whole trees were thrown in and although it was minus on the outside around that fire it must have been 30 degrees. We decided rather late to go on a game drive, i don't think i have ever been so cold in my life....................... so believe me needed that fire to thaw out, i am sure that my blood became as thick as a slush puppy from the cold, it was freezing needless to say with the cold and the dark we really did not get to see much game, and we didn't talk much we were scared that our faces would freeze into that position............. the next time in the middle of winter i will be more careful what i ask for, because i might just get it.........................
On Friday morning we again had a problem with the water, someone had switched off the geyers so we had to wait to shower because it was just to cold to shower in anything that was not boiling hot, my brother in law was the first to shower, and he came back looking decidedly blue, he had put the shower on and then got in presuming that it was hot...........................
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
On Friday afternoon we went through to the farm they have just sold, which was really heart sore, we have spent some fantastic times there, we have spent Christmas's for the last 4 years there, i have spent some time in July there every year for the past few years, not to mention all the weekends in between, we have had dinners for up to 30 people there, and spend hours alone talking in the bush, we have looked for missing cows, for hours, and we have prayed in my sisters special part of the farm., i will really miss the place...............................
We spent two days of peace and quiet there going on walks sitting around the fire, and just chatting, i love these times i spend with my sister, they really make me feel so close to her.
As we left the far this morning, it was quite a sad occassion because we are not sure whether we will ever see it again, and it was a beautiful place, but like my very smart 16 year old daughter said, where every my sister is, she makes the place into a place that you love to visit........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...