Friday, July 31, 2009

Laughter

What would we do without laughter, what would the world do without laughter................ My daughters and i have often sat in restaurants and people have looked at us as though we were crazy because we were having a good laugh at something which was amusing at the time, this is only when hubby is not with otherwise we get the "shush" every five minutes because we are making a noise........................
I remember one time giving a lift to a stranger, not something i normally do, but i knew she worked at a store in town, so stopped to help, when she got out of the car, she thanked us for the ride, and said we were the most festive family she had ever met, and that we had made her day........................
Since i had this as something to be grateful for the other day, in my gratitude dairy, it has been on my mind a lot, what is it that makes us happy, why is it that we can find something funny in every situation, when my Mom was still alive and giving us such a hard time, i would have people in stiches, regalling all the antics my Mom had got up to, and believe me i could write a book.....................
At my Moms funeral, my sister and i were killing ourselves laughing, the minister spent 45 minutes trying to get an imaginary something off his tongue, and the pianist, had either had one too many, or she really needed to go for some lessons, luckily those behind us throught that we were crying....................... it would just not do to be laughing, but why not................................................
I spent a weekend at my sister once and i was telling her about a friends son, who leaves the first letter off each word, for example " i av a ore inger" which translated means " i have a sore finger", well we spent the entire weekend, talking like this, i have never laughed so much in all my life, the next weekend she taught the new language to another friend, and in fact they used it at a restaurant, and had such fun the waitress thought that they were foreign.
We still laugh at my Aunt at Gold Reef City, she asked a Chinese lady if she was visiting South Africa, and the lady said, " I am from Rivonia" and my aunt said, "pnumonia is a very bad illness" well whenever my daughter tells the story, we still roll on the carpets, because apart from being something of an actress, my daughter is fantastic with imitations and she can also get the accents right.
The other day when 24 of us went to the movies, on the way home my daughterwas reading in character an advert from a black spiritual healer, who says with herbs he can save your marraige, make you breasts bigger, make your love life better, and get rid of Hiv/Aids, well in the end i could not drive, we were laughing so much, in fact the guard who checks that you have keys in your car, wanted to know what we were laughing at..............................
Then there was the time my friend had an ashma attack because we were laughing so much while we were doing the dishes, her husband won't let us do dishes together.......................
Laughter is the cure for all pain, it is the cure for all heart ache, it is the cure when you just can't cope when things go wrong, it is the tonic for the heart, and for the soul..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...