Thursday, October 22, 2009

Small world

What a small world this is, gone are the days where you can do things and not be seen by someone who knows you. You can be anywhere in the country, anywhere in the world and you could and probably will run into someone that you know……………

When you talk to someone, you always find out that they know someone who knows someone who knows your great Aunt Martha or your Great Uncle Burt.

You have to be careful to what you say and what you do ………. because someone is watching.

A couple of weeks ago my daughter did not get a lift with me to work, I used to drive alone everyday and sometimes really miss the time alone, where I could play my music and sing along to my hearts content ………….. anyway last Tuesday I had such a day, I had the music on full blast, and was singing along, probably doing a bit of hand clapping and some “car “ dancing ……………….. the next day I ran into a friend who asked me if I had seen him waving at me on the highway the previous day, when I explained probably not told him the whole story no time alone in the car ……… he told me he knows he saw me ………………….. and it was not a pretty sight ………………..

A few weeks ago we went to a shopping centre 1 ½ hours away from home, and we came out of a shop and ran into someone we knew from Heidelberg ……….. in fact someone who is from the cell I go to and we are like family, I mean what are the chances.

A few years ago we were in a place called Pilgrims rest and we ran into the people who owned the land next to us in Koster about 750 km away ………….

Even further back is when my husband worked at a company who had hired a temp lady, for a few days, they were chatting and she was telling how her aunt had lived in a house in Heidelberg and she had visited there for years, when they got talking turned out we lived in the house that used to belong to her Aunt, she gave us some old photos of the house when her aunt lived there, with horse drawn carts outside the front veranda and the garden as it used to be.

Then a few months after this I was at my sisters house and I met a lady who was the aunt of a friend of my sister……… turns out her sister lived in Heidelberg and yes you have got it …………. her sister was the aunt of the lady my husband had met at work all those months before ………… what a small world.

Facebook is making the world even smaller I was on facebook the other night when I realized that a friend of mine, was friends with the woman who had, had an affair with my husband for three years ………. I was taken back by seeing the name again after all this time, so inquired how they knew each other, turns out he did not know her , she had invited him…….. what kind of person invites people they don’t know ………. Oh wait a minute I do know ………. Doesn’t that just say it all. Well that is one friendship that was deleted before it even began ………. Your past always catches up with you Some where ……………. Some time ……………. Some place …………… Some how ………. Best thing is you just have to wait and watch for the “show’ to begin …………..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...