Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Levy and the Cats

Last week we had to take our cat Peroni to be neutered, this because he had begun to leave his mark on my furniture, I was happy to leave himwith balls, until I sat on the couch the other day and got the first hand whiff of what he had been up to .

I have spoken before about the close bond between our dog Levy And the cat Peroni, when Peroni was a few weeks old Levy found him and adopted him, as his own.Monday evening I picked up the cat, put it in the basket and off we go to the vet, the cat made a valiant attempt to escape but my daughter was stronger and we arrived there with no mishaps, the cat still firmly secured in the basket, I felt quite guilty leaving him there, there was a storm brewing and Peroni hates storms.

When we got home however it was a different story, Levy could not understand where the cat was, he knew that he had gone in the car, but also knew that he had not come out, he kept me awake the whole night he wanted to keep on looking inside the car, to let the cat out he was convinced he was still in there somewhere……………..

On Tuesday off we went to pick up the cat, I mentioned to my daughter that I hope that he is groggy so that we don’t have to fight with him all the way home, her words and I quote Mom he is going to be pissed, you just cut off his balls” …………………….

When we went into the vet, he couldn’t think why we were there and my daughter in her inimitable style said We have come for the cat without the balls” ever the elegant conversationalist………………. Makes me wonder what I was paying for during the 12 years she went to school.

At home Levy was thrilled to see his friend he had missed him so much however, we were destined to have problems and all was not well obviously Peroni smelt very different because of the anesetic and our other cat, Rocky thought that we had brought home another cat, and all hell broke loose, every time the two cats came in contact with one another they would fight, Levy the knight in shining armour would come to Peroni’s defense and this continued all night ……………. And I mean all night……………………….

The vet had said that we must keep the cat indoors for the evening, and Peroni is not an inside cat, he loves the outdoors, so it was quite a mission every time someone opened the door, he was like a bullet to get outside, eventually he gave up and went to the loo in the kitty litter, something he hates. About 10 minutes later I was on the computer and I heard water running, in my mind I wondered what it was and when it continued i got up to have a look, and there was Levy ………………. Relieving himself in the kitty litter ……………………… and in typical male fashion, his aim left a lot to be desired ………………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...