Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Breakfast

We spent a fantastic time in East London, with our family over the Christmas period, and in order to thank them for their hospitality i arranged to take them to the Fish River Sun for breakfast, my brother in law is always saying how great it is, and how much he enjoys going. I assumed that it was expensive so with that in mind we made the arrangements to go on Sunday the day before we left.
My brother in law sent us all off to bed early because we had to get up early, so we could leave early, we had an hours drive and he wanted to get there , before all the food ran out............. He was like a child before Christmas, he kept on giving us timing countdowns............ 30 minutes to go ............ 20 minutes to go ................ 10 minutes to go ......
He even asked us earlier if we had been to the "Chinbutzi" to off load to make space for the breakfast, by this time i was getting really worried as to how much this was going to cost me, luckily i had my credit card, so was ready for anything, and no matter the cost i would have still done it to say thank you ............
We arrived at exactly 8.30 and the breakfast began ............................. we were now eating all out to get our monies worth........................ I started with, grapefuit juice and Meusli with Bulgarian Yoghurt and fresh fruit mmmmmmmmmmmmm, I then , had champagne and orange juices and bacon, sausage, (the best pork sausage i have ever tasted), tomato mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no bread allowed because that fills you, and you can't then get your monies worth ................. I then had a second breakfast of guava juice sausage, bacon and an omelete with cheese mushrooms mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm by now i am feeling a little full, but in line with "getting my monies worth" i went back a mango juice and a bowl of fruit, melons, strawberries, guava's oranges grapefruit mmmmmmmmmmm by now i was ready to open the button of my trousers and begining to feel somewhat full, did i stop no way, i was going to make quite sure that i was going to eat what i paid for so ..................... i had an orange juice and a waffle with syrup and ice cream, covered in flake and jelly tots mmmmmmmmmmmmm
By now i was not only feeling full, but also slightly sick ............................................. but did i let that stop me NO WAY....
I then ordered tea, when the waitress was pouring the tea, it looked like water so i stopped her pouring and showed her to put the pot down so that i could stir it to make it stronger, she misunderstood me somewhat and started to pour the tea into the plate next to me ........... well that was certainly the end of a quiet breakfast, we laughed so much the entire restaurant was looking at us, i can imagine what the tourists were saying about the noisy South Africans ................... well i got my cup of tea in the cup ................ and had it was a Danish pastry mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm by now i was sure i had got my money's worth so went to pay the bill ............................... it worked out to R 75.00 per peson .......................... i had eaten enough to feed a small army ................................. boy did i feel guilty ........................ especially since my brother in law left the restaurant with pockets full of pesassio nuts, he kind of kept missing his mouth and they would land in the pocket of his shirt ....................... accidently of course .......................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...