Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sand, Sea and Sun Part 3

No  surprise  I  was  up  early  again  and  again  watch  an  amazing  run  rise,  it  was  almost  as  though  some one  had  squeezed  the  sun  out of  a  tube  of  toothpaste   one  minute  there  was  nothing  and  the  next  minute it  popped  on to  the  horizon  and  within  minutes  the  day  had  begun..........  I  wanted  to  go  to  the beach  to  watch  the  sunrise........  but  there  were  no  takers,  I  cannot  believe  I  am the  only  morning  person  in  a  house  full  of  night  people.......so I  could  not  get  them   to  come  with  me  and  unfortunately  it  is  a  sad  reality  that  the  beach  is  just  not  safe  for  a  woman  to  go  to  alone,  the  vagrants  watch  and  wait  for unsuspecting  visitors.
Today  was  beach  day..........  why  the  girls  have  to  go  through  the  whole  "beauty"  routine  is  beyond  me...........  but  yes  it was  mirror  time  again............  we  wanted  to  go  to  Scottburgh  beach  but  when  we  arrived  i  think  that  all the  visitors  here  from  Johannesburg  had  the  same  idea........  so  we  headed  back  to  our  beach  much  quieter........
Not  before  stopping  at the Shell Shop  I  just  love  that  place  there  is  "stuff"  everywhere,  little  trinkets,  interesting  little  signs,  beautiful wind chimes  you  cannot  walk  without  bumping  into something,  walking  into  something,  and  you  cannot  leave  without  buying  something.........  my  bathroom  "theme"  is  the  sea,  so we  bought  some  seahorses    and fish  that we  could  hang  the  face clothes  and  towels  on.........
We  had  also  wanted  to  go  to  a  lighthouse  that  is  supposed  to be  an  historical  monument  we  could  see  it  from  the  top  of  a  hill  but  we  could  just  not  find  the  road  that  would  take  us  there,  I  love  lighthouses  firstly  the  views  are  amazing  and  secondly  there  is  just  something  romantic  about them...............  which  probably  has  something  to  do  with  the  fact  that  they  were  the  light  that  brought  lost  lovers  home  in  the  "olden days"..............................

We  ended  up  on  a  beautiful  little  beach  on the  way  back.....  just  a  few  children  playing  in the  sea  but  we  basically  had  the  whole  beach  to ourselves.........  it  was so  peaceful  that  I  actually  fell  asleep.........  luckily  the  others  were  there  to  watch my  stuff........  otherwise  you  can  be  sure  it  would  have  been  gone  when  I  woke  up.......  gone  are  the  days  were  you  could  leave  your  belongings  and  go  for  a  swim  in  the  sea..............  which  is  really  sad.................  that  we  live  in  a  world  where  people  have  come  to believe  that  they  have  a  right  to  take things  that  don't  belong  to them......................
Lunch  time  we  went  to  a  restaurant  in  Umkomaas...  my  parents  lived  there  before  they  passed  away  a  few  years  ago..........  we stopped  there  to  say "hello"  we  had  spread  their  ashes  on  the  beach  there.......................  I  just  love  the  bridges  over  the  rivers  the  views  are  amazing...................


Then  back  to  the  flat  showers  and  hair  again  for  the  girls  and  off  to  the  movies..........  Alice  in  Wonderland  in  3 D............  a  really  interesting  movie...............

Home..........  coffee  with  the  neighbours  and  everyone  in  bed  early...............  home  tomorrow  I  am  not  ready  to  go  yet  but  all good  things  come  to  an  end................  and  that  was  day 3....................

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. Absolutely interesting.... I enjoyed this post Karen.... I can visualise everything as you said. It was fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad you're leaving for home too! I loved reading and "feeling" your fun time. Thanks! It is a real shame that in a place that has so much beauty and peacefulness, that people have to make it a scary or unsafe place for others. Well, I'm glad you had a good time with your daughter anyway!

    ReplyDelete

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...