Friday, April 2, 2010

My Baby is 17 Today

 Happy  Birthday  to  you,  happy  birthday  to  you  happy  birthday  dear  Kayla  happy  birthday  to  you ..
I  cannot  believe  that  my  baby  is  17  years  old  today,  it  really  seems  like  yesterday  when  she  was  born,  because  I  was  having  a  ceasear,  they  had  done  a  lung  function  test  on  her   in  the  morning,  and  the  doctor  phoned  be  to  come  in,  as  he  had  decided  to do it  that  night,   I  am  not  sure  whether  the  fact  that  the  following  weekend  was  Easter,  and that  he  was  away..........  had  anything  to  do with it.............  I  like  to  think  not........  When  he  phoned  I  was  still at  work........  yes  I  know .......even  he  couldn't  believe  it,  in  fact  they  had  given  me a  surprise  stock  party  that  day.........  I skidded    into the  hospital  at  7.30pm   the  deadline,  luckily I  had  not  eaten  anything  since  lunch,  and  at  9.05,  we  were  blessed  with  a  daughter.  Although  contrary  to  hospital  policy  my  eldest  daughter  then  10  was  the  first  to  hold her...........  and they  have  had  a  special  bond  ever  since. 
  We wanted  to  name  her Megan,  but she  decided  that  she  liked  the  name  Kayla-Jean  and  told  everyone  that  was  her  name,  so  I  really  didn't  have  the  heart  to change  it.  And  so  we  became  the  three  K's  Karen,  Kira-Lynn  and  Kayla -Jean...........  post  is  still a  problem......  and  my  daughters  favourite  saying  is  "  Mom  I am  the  other  one".......  am  still mixing  the  names  up.
Well  life  had  been  an  adventure  with  her  ever  since.................  the  second  night  in  hospital  a  water  pipe  broke  and  being  the  only  person  who  was  not  given  a  sleeping  pill,  I  helped  the nurses  move  everyone  to  other  wards,  I  wheeled  babies  out   of  the  nursery  that  had  under  floor  heating  into  the ICU..............    the  next  day  I  got  a bouquet  of  flowers  to  thank  me  for  my  help..............  This  might  seem  a  lot  to  do  after  a  ceasear,  but  with  both  my  children  I  only  put  on  5kg  because  I  had  morning  sickness,  from  week  two,  until  I   was willingly torn  open  and  they  were  removed........... and  life  with  Kayla  has  been  hectic  ever since.
At  6  months  she  had  blocked  tear  ducts,  at  15  months  she  had  to  have  her  tonsils  removed,  and  then  at  18  months  it  was  discovered  that she was  CHD  she  had  no  hip  bone  on  her  right   side,  something  the  pediatrician  should  have  picked  up......................  from  that  day  until  she  walked  I never  took   a  photo  of  her.  She  had  six  months  in  a  cast  from  under  her  arm  pits  to  her  ankles,  with  a  big  stick  in  the  middle,  for  six  months  after  that  is  was  hydro  therapy,  physio,  therapy,  occupational  therapy...........  and  still she  would  not  walk,  and  then  one  day  i  decided  to  put  her  in  a nursery  school  ,  and  within  3  weeks  she  was  walking  because  she  wanted  to  play  with the  children  outside............ 
At  six  we  were  told  that  the  hip  had  still not  grown  and  so  Kayla  went  into  hospital  for  her 13th  operation.......  she  still hates  people  with  masks  on .............. they  moved  her  pelvic  bone  around  to  give  her  a  false  hip.........  today  apart  from  a  small  scar,  and  the fact  that  it  aches  a  little  when it  is  cold,  and  no  matter  how  hard  the  dance  teacher  tried,  she  cannot  do  the  splits..........  you  would  never  know.........  she  does  not  even  limp.........  medicine  is  amazing.........
She  has  kept  us  on  our  toes  ever  since,  she  has  no  fear..........  she  will  try  anything,  and  everything, she  is  a  true  comedian,  can  alter  her accent  at  a heart  beat...................    loves  everyone  and  everything,  and  wants  to  study  to be  an  occupational  therapist,  when  she  finishes  school  next  year, and  I  am  sure  that  life  with  Kayla  will continue  to  be  hectic........  just  the  way  I  like  it ...........  Happy  Birthday  my  girl...........  can't  wait  to  take  you  on the  Elephant  Adventure  tomorrow.......Life  is  good.............

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Kayla...my youngest was born today too! (He's 26), Here are the directions for the lambs: you need Pepperidge Farm's Milano cookies or something similiar in shape..2 cookies per lamb...white almond bark or dipping chocolate. I used jelly beans for the feet, but you're suppose to use choc. peanut m&m's. tiny marshmellows for body. mini choc. chips for eyes. Ok..now spread some melted white choc. on one side of cookie. Put on the feet and let set up. Then dip each marshmellow in choc. and stack it up. then spread the other cookie with white choc. and press onto the cookie.Let it set up. Then dip 2 marshmellows and stick on for eyes. Then dip a mini chip into choc and then onto marshmellow. Take a 2 mini marshmellows and squish them flat and pinch on the ends to make ears. dip them also in choc. to stick on lamb. I also used the choc. to stick on the bow. When doing this if you let it set up in the fridge between each step, it goes pretty fast. White choc. is the glue here. Hope it goes Ok. I'm not the greatest explainer! Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...