Thursday, January 14, 2010

School

Today  was  back  to  school day  for   my  youngest  daughter,  2  years  left  of school,  just  two  years,  and  my home  work  days  are  over,  my  covering  book  days  are  a  thing  of  the  past,   I  can  remember  when  she  was  born,  joking  that  i  would  be  doing  homework  until  I  was  52  and  here  we  are  two  years  away,  how  the  time  does  fly.
 After  6 weeks of  holiday,  today  is by far   one  of the  best  days  of the year,  it  was  a "free"  day,  it  did  not cost  me a cent .................  no dvd's,  no  pizza,   no movies,  no  shopping,  no  munching,  no complaining, no fetching,  no  carrying,  no anything  at  all ..................  today  was  definitely  a  really  good day................
Mind  you  compared  to yesterday,  anything  would have  been  a good  day,  why  was  yesterday  a  bad  day ..................
yesterday  was  REGISTRATION DAY   at  the school ................................. 
I  left  work  early  because  registration  was only  until  6pm,  I  arrived there  in  really good  spirits  at  3.55pm ........  I should  have  realised  there  was  a problem  when  i  could  not  find  any parking,  and I  had  to  get  the "bakkie"  to  hold  its  breath  while  I  "squeezed"  in  between  two  cars ........    and  then from  there  it  just  went  from  bad  to  worse..... .............. when we  walked  into  the waiting  room,  we were  barked  at  by  a  very  irate,  irritated,   Pincher   looking  female,   who demanded  that  we   write  our  names  in  the  book,  and  take  a  PINK  number............. and  sit  down ....................
and  wait  for  her  to come  and  fetch  the  form ...............  



All around  the room  were  signs  that  said  "  Silence  at  all times" ........  you  have  got  to  be  kidding me ........... I  think  the  principle  has  some  kind  of power play  going  on  here,  did  she  actually think  that  she  could  keep  the  parents  quiet?



 Why  is  it  whenever  you have to   go  to  the   school,  your  personality  changes  from a  confidant  woman  of  the  world  to someone,  who  just  follows  the  instructions they  are  given,  I  am  convinced  that  if  she  barked  the order  that  you  were  to give  her  your  watch,  your  cellphone,  and  full use of  your  credit  card  for  the  rest  of  the  year,  you  would......  
I  think  it  is  the  door  marked  "Principles office" ,  which  I  might  add  has  a  red,  yellow  and  green  light  attached  to  the  door,  I  can  under  stand  red,  the principle  is  busy ........ I  can  understand  green,  she  is  free for  the  next  victim,  but  what  is  the  yellow  for,  enter  at   your  own  risk,  principle  in  a bad  mood .........  principle  has  pms........  principle  is  hungry  and  will  eat  anything.......   
Just  sitting  next  to  the  door  of  the  principles  office,   brought   back  memories  of  the  "odd"  occasion  that I  had  the  privilege  of  visiting  the principles  office.





Pincher  lady  collected the white  form  that we  had to  sign,  and  took  back  the  pink  number  that  we  had  to take  when  we  came in ............... she  had  a fixation  on  getting  her  pink   numbers  back,  perhaps  they  reuse  them  next  year,  or  perhaps  she  has   some  kind  of  control  phobia.

I  was  number  157  NUMBER  157,   NUMBER  157 ,    not  156  or  158 ..........  no  i was  number  ................  you  will be  amazed  at  how  many  people  forgot  what  their   number  was,  and  kept  jumping  up  to  have  a  look  at the  book  with  the  number  allocations  in,  they  were like  jumping  beans,  like  children  with  ants  in  there  pants ..........  I realised  it  was  the  fear  that  the  principle  would catch  them  out,  at  having  a  short  term  memory  problem .

The  office  could  probably  comfortably  seat  about  10  people,  well  number  138  had  just  been  called  when i  arrived,  which meant there  were  19 numbers  in front  of  mine,  19  mothers  a  handful  of  fathers, 19 learners   not  to  mention  the younger  siblings,  were cramped  into this  area ,  no  water,  no  air,  no  space ................
Well  180  minutes  later  it  was  my  turn,  and  it  took  me  a  grand  total  of  7 minutes  to  conclude  the  registration  all I needed  was  a tiny  piece  of paper  to  say  i  had  paid,  so  that  my daughter  could  get  her  books  and  get  into  the class the  next  morning ....................  
How  I  did  not  self  combust  is  still a  mystery,  how  I  did  not  take  those  pink  numbers,  and  inflict  some  serious  injuries  is  a  mystery,    but  then  life  is  full of  mystery ...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...