Sunday, January 31, 2010

You're Worth It

Because You're Worth It
There is  an  advert  for  a  cosmetics  company, which  always  shows  some glamorous  star or  another,  convincing  you  to buy  there  products,  and  at  the  end  when  they  have  told  you  of  the  benefits,  of   how it  has  changed  their  lives  by  making  them  more  beautiful,  their  hair shinier,  their  eye  lashes  longer,  their  lips  more  kissable.......  they  end  by  telling  you  to do  this with  the words  .........  Because  You're  Worth  It.........
Yesterday  I was  very  extravagant  I had booked  an  afternoon  at  the  Spa, my  two  daughters  and  I  went  off for  an  afternoon  of  pampering...............  at  the  La  Dolce Vita  Day  Spa  and  that  is  exactly  what  we got................

Our  appointment  was  at  12.30  and  to my  horror  of  horror's  I  was  2  minutes  late,  we  had  underestimated  the distance,  and  no  matter  how  we  tried  we  just  could  not  make  up  the  two  minutes  reflected  on  the  Garmin, which  showed   as  our arrival  time, 12.32pm  no  matter  how  fast  we went,  we  were  stopped  by traffic  lights,  we  were behind  every  Granny with  a  hat on,  and  every  slow  truck  in  South Africa  had  decided  to  be  on  the  road at  exactly  that  time,  so  12.32pm was  our  estimated  time  of  arrival  and that  is  exactly  the  time  we  arrived ........................
We  were  greated  by  a  lovely young  lady called  Shanie,  long  flowing  black  hair,  a  soft  voice like  falling  rose  petals,  and  a  friendly smile,  she  welcomed  us  in,  hugged  my  two  daughters  because  they  had  been  there  before after  my  daughers  paper  party  late  last  year,  in  fact  when  I had  made  the  booking  I  asked  if  she  remembered  our  previous  booking,  and  her  reply was ..............  and  I quote .................
 Yes,  she  remembers  my  daughters, one  was  getting married  and  one  never  stopped  talking ............
We  had  some  muffins  and  some  fruit juice  and  the  pampering  began........................ I started  with  the  pedicure,  and laying  back on  the  chair,  listening  to the  music  in the  background  which  was in its self  an  experience,  the  lapping  of the  ocean,  the  tinkling  of  tiny bells,  the  soft dulcid  tons  of  the  pan pipes, the  muted sounds  of  the  dolphins, probably mating  but  who  knows ,  and  in  minutes  I  could  feeel  myself  relax,  I could  feel  the  tensions  of  the  week  easing  out  of  my  bones.................... ...       I  almost  could  forget  that  someone  was  working  on  my feet  which  for  those  who  know  me  know  is  my biggest  "phobia", the  only noise  was  my  youngest daughter  laughing  in  the  room  next  to  me,  as  she  kept  her  audience  entertained..............
Then  it  was  the  turn  of  my hands.........................  could  anything  be  nicer  than  this, I wondered  what  was  going  on  next  door,  because  it  was  very  quiet,  i  discovered  later  that  they  were  having  their  facials,  and  it  was  so  relaxing  that  even  my  youngest  daughter  forgot  to  talk ........... now  that  is  amazing .............. the owner  of  the  Spa  came  to  check  on us and  paid  me  a  really  nice  compliment  and  I quote......

You have  two  amazing  daughters,  and if  I ever  have  a  daughter  I  will send  her  to you to bring  her  up...............
Then  it  was  time  for  my  facial .....................  the  room  was  filled  with  the  smells  of  cucumbers ,     of  vanilla,  of    brown  suger,  of strawberries,  of  rose  petals   and  of  warm honey..........  all of  which  they  has  used  at  some point  during  the treatments ..........well  what  can  i  say .....................  at  one  point  my own  "snoring"  woke  me  up,  it  was  so relaxing  that  I  fell  asleep ..................  
We  finished  off the  day  with  the  vibrator  to  get  the  fluids  going,  which  had  apparently  now  all been  disturbed  by  all the  masaging.......we  had  an  amazing  desert  and some freshly  brewed coffee  and  we  were ready to  go  home ..............
As  we  were  leaving  Shanie  said,  come  back  soon.....  and  I  made  up  my mind  there  and  then  that  I  was  going  to  do  exactly that  i  was going to  go  back  soon ..............    we  are  going  to do this  again,  even  if  we  have  to  cut  back  on  something else,  because  we  need  to  look  after ourselves,  we  need  to  pamper  ourselves,  we  need  to  stop  thinking  of  reasons  why  we  shouldn't  be  doing  this,  thinking of  better  ways  the  money  could  be  spent,  we  need  to  stop justifying  every  cent   we  spend  on  ourselves................................  and  why ................................

Because You're Worth It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...