Thursday, May 13, 2010

Am I too Old...

They  say  that  age  is  relative..........  I  am  not  sure  to  what  but  tonight  I  feel  100 years  old,  not  only  am  I  going to the  gym  5  times  a  week  because  of  the  5  week  challenge  I  am  taking  part  in,   on  top  of  this  shock  to  the  body.......  I  am  also  on  training  on   a  new  computer  system  that  we  will be   going  on at  work  at  the  beginning  of  June....................  so  I  am  exercising  my  mind.  I  am  not  sure  at  this  point  which  is  aching  the  most.........

My  body  because  on Tuesday  night  we  did  squats,squats,squats, ........  one  of  the  most  unladylike  exercises  I  have  ever  seen.....  your  boobs  pop  out  the  front of  the  little  training  tops,  your  butt  is  stuck  out  in  the  air like  it  is  ready to  pop,  leaning  forward  causes  your  stomach  to  hang  over  your shorts.........  I  mean really..........  could    someone  not  invent  more  lady like exercises............. Next  week  is  midway  in  the  challenge and then we are  going  to  be  weighed  and  measured.........  and  hopefully  not  shamed...................  I  cheated  a  little  and  weighed  myself  this  morning  and  have  lost  over  2.5   kilograms  so  am  feeling  very  proud  of  myself,   not  bad  in 11 days.........

My  brain  because  I  have  worked  at the same  company  in different  jobs  for  22 years....  using  the  same  computer  system  and  now  they  want  to  change  it................ my biggest  problem  is  that  I  have  been  using the  "enter"  key  for  22 years  now  they expect me  overnight  to  start  using  the  "tab"  key ,  how  logical  is  that ............  it  must  have  been  a man  that  designed  the  system. Every  time  I press enter  my  info  is  GONE  and  I  have  to  start  again............  I have  to  be  able  to  help  the 11  people  in my department  who  report  to  me   so  have  to  really  know  the system.........  who  said  it  was  fun  to be  a manger...................
I  am exhausted  at  night  and  if  I  sit  still too long  I  am  fast  asleep,  so  have  to keep  on  going  until  all my  chores  are  done,  I  have  nodded  off a few  times  and  woke  myself  up  snoring..........  I  mean  how  many   disgusting  habits  can  one  person  have ...................

And  all this  aching  has  got  me wondering  am  i  just  getting  too  old ................

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Going to the gym 5 days a week? That is GREAT! You go, girl!

    It IS hard to relearn how to do a computer program, when they change it up, isn't it? We are such creatures of habit!

    Good luck with all the changes! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with the weight loss and the gym time! Computers are not my thing..except my personal one at home. However, surgery instruments, techniques and such are always changing and that stresses my old brain! Just hang in there, you sound like a "with it" gal. To answer your tornado question: I have seen one, but never had one hit my home..my Sister did though. It hit her apartment when she was first married. It was in the middle of the night and quite exciting to be sure. No one was hurt..unfortunately her ex-husband made it too.(just kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I detest squats too! I agree they are completely un-ladylike!
    Good job on the weightloss and going to the gym 5 days a week! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! YOu are a super woman, you know.. Karen. Gym five times a week! and all that work... Phew!!!! All the best....

    ReplyDelete
  5. just wanted to tell you im following form blogfrog mom loop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job!! 5 times a week sounds like marathon training to me! And, I'm with you on the squats...I HATE those things. I'm not a real "techy" person, either. I didn't think I was old (at the ripe old age of 36)...but those challenges would be enough for anyone to be plum pooped by the end of the day! Keep up the good work - you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ever seen the J curve in business? You gotta go down girl before you come back up! Stay the course you'll feel fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...