Sunday, February 14, 2010

Autumn

On  the  way  home  from  work  this  week  my  eldest  daughter and  I were  chatting and she  asked  me  when was the  beginning  of  Autumn,  after  some  debate,  we  determined  that, summer  was in  fact  almost  over  and that  the  first  of  March,  was  probably  the  official  first  day  of  Autumn,  she  unlike  me  does  not  like  the   cold  weather,  she  is  a true  "Africa"  child,    born  and  bred, she basks  and  grows  in  the  warmth  of  the  sun.
This  morning  as  I  sit  on  my patio, drinking  my  first  cup  of  tea, and  perhaps  just  a little  bit  contemplative,   I  feel without  a  doubt  that  there  is  no longer the  freshness of  the  morning air,  that  the  seasons  are  definitely  changing  because   there  is  now  a  chill in  the  breeze  a  warning  that  summer  is over ............. and  as  I go  back  inside  to  get  a  jersey,  I  realise  that  we  were  right and  that autumn  is  on  its  way........................
As  I  sit  here,  enjoying  the  still of  the  morning,  and  look  beyond  the lines  of  parked  cars,  that  have now  taken  over  my garden  like  an  unwanted   fungus,   grass  eating  beasts  that  look  ugly  and  threatening,  as there   numbers multiply almost  on  a  weekly  basis,  and  no  matter  what  I  do,  and  how  much  I complain  they  just  keep  on  coming,  blue  ones,  white  ones,  beige  ones,  silver  ones,  green  ones....................  they  are   taking over  the  garden,  like  an  unwanted  visitor  that  just  does  not  get  the  message  that  they  have  outstayed  there  welcome,  and  they  should  all leave  and  find  another  place  to  ruin  with  there ugliness...............
 I  sit  and look  beyond  this   silent  ugly  cemetry of  dead  cars  at  the  trees,  I  love  to watch and  listen to  the  birds,   sitting  in the  branches  singing,  singing  I  am  sure  of  there  joy and  happiness,   at  there  gift  of   another  new  day,  the joy  at  the  rising  sun,  flying  from  tree  to  tree,  perhaps  to  see if  the  view  is  better  from  one  of  the  higher  trees, chasing  each  other  as  they  enjoy  the  tranquility of  the  early  morning.
The  trees,  still  a  dark  shade  of  green on the  outside  but   as  the  breeze  stirs  there  leaves,  there  is  a  shower  of  golden  leaves  cascading  to  the  ground........ falling  slowly,  almost  sadly  as  they  realise there time  has  come  that  they,  have  given  up  there  birth  right,  the  right  to,   to  be  part  of  the  majestic  tree,   in  fact  as  I  look  around  I  see there  are in  fact   leaves  everywhere,  and  realise  that  nature  is  getting  ready  to  begin  its  yearly hibernation..............  autumn  is  on its  way.


Autumn  is  a  time  I  look  forward  to,  the  trees  are  dressed  in  the most  amazing  colours, reds,  yellows,  golds,  browns and  oranges,  a vista  of  vibrancy  as  they  show  off  there  last  beauty  before  all the  leaves  are  blown  off.  autumn,   natures  way  of  resting,  so  that  it  can  come  back  in  all its  beauty  in  spring,  it  is  natures  way  of  renewal,  revival,  affirmation  that there  is  a  cycle  of   life  that   goes  on  no  matter  what.......................


We can all learn  a  lesson  from  trees,  we  like  them,   need  to  take   time  out  to rest,  we  need  to  look  at  our  lives,  in  what  are  our  roots  anchored,   how  deep   do  our roots  go,  are  those  roots  so  deep  that they  can  withstand  the  onslaught  of  droughts,  storms  and  winds,   are  those  roots  so  deep  that  they  go  so  far  down  to  find  the  best  sweetest,  freshest  water  to  feed  them,  do  you  know  where  your  roots  are  getting  there  water  from............... we  need  to  think  about where we  came  from  where  we  are  going,   we  need  to   get  rid  of  our  dead  leaves,  prune  the  dead  branches,  fertilize with  the  best  word,  and  be  born  again  as  the  people  that  we  were  destined  to  be...................  the person  God  designed  you  to  be ........................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...