Thursday, February 11, 2010

Summer

Our  minister  always  says  that  God  puts  you  in  the  place  that  you  are  supposed  to  be,  and  it  is  we  humans  who  choose  to  roam  around  the  world.  I  was  born  in England, wet,  damp,  dreary  England,  land  of  indoor  pools,  indoor  soccer,  indoor cricket, indoor  everything,  green, cold,  snowy   England .................  my  parents  chose to transplant  us  all  when  I  was  just  8 years  old,  to  this  land  of  sunshine, braaivleis,   and  sweltering  summers,  hot  Christmas's  something  that  today  42  years  later
I  am  still not  used  to ...................
Although  I love  the  sun,  and  can  understand  why  people  in  England  get  depressed when  they  have  not  seen  it  for  month,  I  really  just  cannot  cope  with  the  heat  and  the  older  or  should  I say  more  mature,  I  get  the  more  I  feel the  heat,  people  laugh  when  I  tell them  that  one  day  I  am  going  to  self  combust  from  the  heat  and  the  only  thing  that  will be  left  of  me  will be  a  pair  of  smoking  shoes.


The  heat  of  a  sweltering  summer  day is something   I can  pretty  much  do  with  out.........  I hate  the  feelings  of  rivers  of  perspirations  flowing  down  my  back  like the  Vaal River  in  full flood......  I  hate  the  feeling  of melting  makeup,  as  it  slithers  down  my  face............  I  hate  the  fact  that  no  matter  how  long  I  take  doing  my  hair,  it  continues  to  stick  to  my  head  like  a  flat  pancake ....................... I  hate  the  fact  that  no  matter  how  little  clothes  I  wear  at  the  end  of the  day  I  am   still hot  and  sticky...................   the  problem  is  I   think  that  you  can  dress up  for  winter, and  as  the  day  warms  off  you  begin  taking  off the  layers   but  there  is  no  way  you  can  dress down  for  summer........  because there  is  only so  much  skin  that  you  can  decently  leave  uncovered ................
NO   amount  of  fans  or  air conditioning  is enough  to  keep  me  cool ........  i  was  just  not  designed  for  this  weather .................
I  was  designed  to  be  in  a  cold  place,  with  lots  of  rain,  sleet  and  snow ...................

I  love  the  early  mornings  in  Summer   when,   before  it  is  light  i  sit  outside  on  my  patio,  having  a  cup  of  tea,  blogging,  and  watch  the  sun  come  up..........  I  love  the  cool  of  the  Spring  and  Autumn  mornings  and  evenings ................. but more  than  that  I  love   the  cold,  crisp   mornings  of  Winter,  i  love  it  when  you  breath  out  and  your  breath  hangs  in  the  air, like  unspoken  words,  like  a cloud of  air , hovering  about  the  ground,  not  knowing  itself  where  it  is  supposed  to  go.........   
I  always  tell people  that  I  should  have  been  born  to a  family  of  Eskimo's  not  only  can  I  picture  myself  living  in  an  igloo,  cuddled  under  some  animals  fur,  feeling  all toasty ,  I  really  like  the  idea  of  whenever I  want  something  to  drink,  I go  outside  and  grab  a glass  full of  snow,  and  make  my  own,  natural  slush  puppie,   straight  from  nature............    yes  i  know  that  God  knew  what  he  was  doing  when  he  gave  me  to  a family  in  a  cold,  wet,  snowy place................ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...