Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fasting

Well i have had a really mixed up week, it is like i am having to take a look at life differently, it is like i am being made to look at what i have , look at what i have not............ and to look at where i am going.................
It started with the funeral on Monday, and that got me thinking about, how we don't know when our last day will be..................... it could be tomorrow, and if it is what do we wish we had done, what would we do differently if we knew that tomorrow was our last day, if tomorrow was all we got how would i spend it..............................
On Wednesday i had a day off work, it just happened to fall on the same day that we as a church had decided to fast, it was a really busy day, i had some appointments and then i had to pick up my daughter and a friend to take them to the dermatologist, i took them for lunch and sat and watched them eat, it was different.................. I realised that i was not really getting much out of the fast, i tried to pray.......... i tried to be still.............. i tried to listen........... but all i felt was hungry and annoyed, a feeling that stayed with me all day.
On Friday i went to pray with my prayer partner as i do every Friday, and i shared the problem i was having with the fasting, she told me about a book, which i had already bought but since as i had never had the "need" to fast, or as i said "called to fast i had never bothered to read the book, what i didn't realise was that we are all called to pray, give and to fast, what was i thinking when i read over the verses that state this quite clearly..........................
I started the book on Saturday and i couldn't put it down, it all fell into place the piece of the puzzle, that piece of my walk that was missing............. fasting made sense....................
I am going to fast again this week, but fast this time it will be with the knowledge we are biblically called to fast, it will be with the right frame of mind, and it will be with the purpose of getting answers to questions, that i have needed to ask for some time.
Because we are planning a retreat my prayer partner and i have decided to fast every Friday for the retreat, one Friday for every woman who is going to be there, one Friday that we can make a difference no matter how small in the life of each woman who will be there............ the Power of the Praying wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...