Thursday, June 11, 2009

Somedays my boss is too much

Today was one of those days................. when my boss really got on my nerves, and it was really hard to have warm Christian thoughts, and to bless him was really not something that readily came to mind, in fact that was really on my mind, was a large cement truck, or perhaps a hit man, or perhaps some wrong medication or perhaps..................the man is sick.
He will almost do anything to make people unhappy, without exaggerating he must have gone through at least 50 people in the 15 years that i have worked with him, they really do not stay beyond a few months because by then they have had enough, he has a temp for six month and still will not take them on permanently ........ can you believe because they are not doing the job properly so they leave for a permanent job, and so the process is repeated time and time again. Top management has not noticed this problem, or maybe they don't want to notice.
I am not sure whether all Muslims are like him, but he really gives Muslims a bad name he is vindictive, petty, unrealistic and these are his good attributes.
For the first time in 5 years i was off sick i left on the Wednesday at 2 pm and then was booked off for the next two days, i was REALLY sick, i have only had 8 days sick in 10 years so i am not someone who takes a lot of time off work, he actually had the computer guy check what time i left to see if i should put in a half days sick leave, do you even get half days sick leave........me............... i am at work just after 7 am most days, don't take lunch, do at least three hours overtime most weekends, and am always at work............. if anyone wants anything they always phone me, because i am always at me desk............. the man is sick............
It is only through prayer and the grace of God that i have managed to stay working with him for 15 years, in the beginning it was really hard, but a really good friend, kind, of gave me a kick in the pants and told me to leave or find a way to put up with it, and thats what i did, and how i did that was when he asked for something i dropped what i was doing and gave it to him immediately........it is still a big joke in the office, for him it is just the power thing, it is the being in control...............
For many years i was always able to go and vent in the MD's office in confidence i really didn't want him to do anything, and he certainly could not speak to my boss about it because then he would have made my life a living hell, so he listened gave me tea and tissues and then gave me a pep talk and i could face the world of the dreaded boss from hell.
Our most recent MD certainly does not have tact as a second , third or fourth name for that matter. So now i have to find another way to vent, and apart form bending the ear of my "bestest" friend in the whole world......... i think blogging will have to do..........
And this is what got my blood pressure boiling today, my cheeks were tomato red and i am sure at sometime there was steam coming out of my ears, in fact i though that i was going to self combust, and all that would be left would be smoke coming out of my shoes............... my Five Hundred Rand shoes.........
The MD asked me some time ago to set up an evaluation test, for someone in my department that he wants to promote, my boss phones me today and asks me whether i knew about it, of course i said yes, i had organised it................ well you would have thought that i had sold a state secret. ................ FIRST TIME
Then he phoned, now you need to understand i have identicall on my phone so i can see when he is phoning so my heart sinks into my shoes, and i am already waiting for a fight......... sometimes i put him on silent praying that he will just go away but then he just leaves a message, and actually times how long is takes me to phone him back...................... he asked whether i knew that a certain member of my staff had gone to the MD with a query, i did know because that was the only person who could give us an answer, of course being the smart tactful MD that he is, guess where he went straight to my boss, now by boss has told this individual on more than one occassion, not to bother him but to bring all queries to me......... i could not sort out this query and so refered him to the operations manager who was again not available, then to the divisional director who would not remember what his only name was, if it was not on all the notes on his desk pad, and so the MD was the next place of call...............and so the cycle continues, by now my boss was so mad, that you would have thought that i had blown up the temple at Mecca...................................SECOND TIME.
Then he phoned again, i had sent some documents up to him for coding...............i have been doing this for 15 years the less i need to talk to him the better i like it, now he wants me rather to go up myself, because we need to communicate more...................... THIRD TIME.
I have a meeting with him every Friday and i have to prepare myself mentally for this meeting, and now he wants to see me more often ................ what am i going to do................................
I suppose that i am blessed i have a job.................................... well that's a start and with God's grace i will get through it again, and one day.................. who knows "beep beep."....... taht cement truck could still be an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...