Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sick, sick of being sick

I cannot believe this but i have been sick again, after my gym on Monday night, Tuesday morning i started with a sore throat and ears, so after work i made a detour past the chemist and picked up what i thought would be the end to all my problems. Strepsils for my throat, ACC 200 for building me up, Med lemon, for taking away aches and pains and fever and relieving all the symptoms of colds and flu............... ha ha .................. and then the generic medicines of cataflan, whatever that is called because you cannot get cataflan without a prescription from the doctor, took them all after supper and off to bed i went, Wednesday morning...................... nothing had changed, so Wednesday evening i tried again......................Thursday morning nothing changed, i was convinced by Thursday evening i would be back to normal................nothing changed. Friday morning i got up went to the doctor who gave me an injection and all i can say is that it was not in my arm, and i now have trouble sitting............................. but by the end of the day i was feeling much better. I am not sure how you are supposed to be when you are feeling sick, i normally have pain, like headache or a broken wrist or a kidney stone, real pain, but this aching bones and being miserable because that is how you feel just does not work for me, you actually have to sit and do nothing because you are actually too sick to do anything, a whole new concept for me. By the time i had got to the doctor, i was really bad, the self medication had left me with a legacy caused by my own stupidity................ the upset stomach .......................... on top of everything else. The doctor tells me to drink black tea, and eat dry marie biscuits and cream crackers for 24 hours, i told him i came to see him to feel better, and now he makes me feel worse, he tells me its called "tough love." He really has a weird sense of humour, or is that humour maybe he is just sadistic or maybe.................... I knew i must be really really sick when i got a whole big bag of medicine, you see only people who are really really sick get such a big bag of medicing, so am going to enjoy being miserable for a while, everyone else does it, i have given myself today and then tomorrow i will be back to normal......................... well as normal as i can be.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...