Friday, May 15, 2009

Blood is thicker than water

Today was an amazing day, the saying you can choose your friends but not your family comes to mind, but i realised today that the saying does not give the whole truth, what the saying does not say, is that no matter what blood is blood.........

No matter what the problem, no matter what the disagreement, when you forgive family it is like getting a part of yourself part, a part that you never knew was missing, until you got it back.

Over the years i have had disagreements with both my sisters, my youngest sister and i did not talk to each other for three years, but the day my Dad died, the past was forgotten, and we were there for each other, we were there for each other through the next 2 years, while we had to look after our Mom, when we had to move her, when we had to put up with her bad tempers and her never ending demands on our time, and eventually her death. But the death of my father gave us something, which we will never take for granted again, it gave us each other.

My sister is not just my sister, she is my friend, by conscience, she is my therapist, she is my pillar of strength, she is my Judge Judy, and my Dr Phil.............................

Thank you Dad....................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM WHO I AM

Thanks for popping in to my blog, i hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it, please pass it on to friends and family, and leave a comment to let me know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMETIME is reading it...